International Jury for EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2014
An independent International Jury headed by Prof. Laurens Katgerman, of the Technical University of Delft and vice chair Vito Oražem, - Managing Director, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen will judge the entries of the EUROPEANALUMINIUM AWARD 2014 competition.
Other jury members come from Germany, England, Italy and Scandinavia.
In principle the products must be designed for mass and serial production. For each category a selection committee compares the entries against the regulations.
The nominated entries are then assessed by an independent jury. The winners of the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD receive a sculpture, made of aluminium, as well as a certificate. Winners and nominees are on display during the ALUMINIUM 2014 Trade Fair from 7 - 9 October 2014 in Messe Düsseldorf.
An independent Jury is a guarantee for fair judgement. Members for this jury are chosen from the fields of science, design and media.
- Prof. Laurens Katgerman: International recognised expert in the field of aluminium technology, Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE), Delft University of Technology, (NL)
- Mr. Vito Oražem: Managing Director, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen (D)
- Mr. Stuart Preston: Consultant, The Institute of Materials (IOM), (UK)
- Mr. Rein van de Velde: Consultant, van de Velde Consultancy, (NL)
- Mr. Jim Hansen: General Manager, Aluminium Danmark, (DK)
- Mr. Mario Conserva: Editorial staff Aluminium e Leghe/Edimet, (I)
- Mr. Alwin Schmitt: Editorial staff Aluminium Praxis/Giesel Verlag, (D)
- Mr. Ronald Kousbroek: General Manager, Aluminium Centrum, (NL)
Join the EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2014
Designers, manufacturers, builders and constructors can enter into various categories for the 8th EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD 2014 Industrial Design & Engineering. The Aluminium Award is given to products or projects in which aluminium has been applied in an innovative manner. 6 Awards will be given in 6 main categories. Both “Consumer Products” and “Industrial Products” may apply in all categories
The Jury will give an Overall Jury Prize for the entry with the most striking contribution to 'Aluminium for Future Generations'.
EXTRA are the Young Designers Prize and the Young Engineers Prize to honour motivated students and independant young designers and engineers under 30 for their creative ideas.
All entries will be promoted in the Award Pavilion at ALUMINIUM 2014 in Messe Düsseldorf from 7 – 9 October 2014 and shown at the Award website.
The EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD is an initiative of the Dutch Aluminium Centre and supported by the European Aluminium Association (EAA), the GDA - the German Aluminium Association - and ALUMINIUM 2014.