Designers, builders, manufacturers, as well as importers and constructors may participate in the 2014 EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD Industrial Design & Engineering. All products which have been marketed or produced in Europe on or after 1 January 2012 and which are covered by one of the specified categories may apply. This means that also import products produced abroad and marketed in Europe on or after 1 January 2012 are invited to enter. With respect to the entry fee each product may enter in several categories.
The 2014 EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM AWARD Industrial Design & Engineering shall be awarded to products in which aluminium is applied in a useful and innovative manner.
Originality and functionality of the use of the materials: the degree to which the metal aluminium is used in an original and useful mannerThe following criteria shall be taken into account in the assessment of the entries:
- Functionality of the product: the degree to which the part meets both its primary user function and its technological function, as a result of use of materials, construction and any ergonomical adjustments
- Design: the degree to which the design as a whole reaches a harmonic unity or a solution - by the construction of the design and the details of the shape, all this in relation to the material used
- Durability: in relation to Life Cycle Costs
- Recycling: the possibility to recycle the applied materials and the raw materials used
- Representativity and promotional value for aluminium
- The designs or products must have been taken into production - except ideas or products from Young Designers or Young Engineers
- Products or projects must be entered at one's own initiative